When we feel good, a smile comes naturally. It’s an outward sign of happiness amusement, excitement, or contentment. It’s not natural to smile when we’re sad or upset. But it turns out that smiling might be the best thing to do when you’re ready to shift into a brighter mood.
Some interesting facts about smiling
- Smiling is good for your heart-Researchers found smiling can reduce stress levels and lower the heart rate while performing difficult tasks.
- Smiling helps reduce pain and increase endurance-Smiling and laughter both have been shown to lessen pain. They release endorphins that lift our moods, but many of these act as natural painkillers too.
- Smiling makes you look and feel younger
- Smiling is good for business success- Smiling has been shown to increase your productivity while preforming tasks.
- Smiling can help you live longer
- Smiling makes people happy! -When we smile we release endorphins, this lifts your mood, so even if the smile is not genuine at first it can make you feel happier.
- Smiling can boost your immune system
- Smiling can be great for your romantic life
- Babies smile in utero
- Smiles are contagious, the only thing we want to catch! Around 50% of people smile back. This spreads the health benefits throughout those around you and it comes back to you several times as well.
SO the take home message is You should SMILE as often as possible, it improves your life!
If you are not confident to SMILE because of your teeth, gums or lines around your mouth then book an appointment with us and we can help you regain the confidence to smile.
We offer anything from General Family Dentistry, Teeth whitening, Crown and bridge work, lip Fillers and wrinkle relaxers,Veneers and dental implants. So I am sure that we can help you want to smile again.
Book online at www.mendelsohndental.com.au of give us a call on 9225 6564